quinta-feira, 15 de outubro de 2009

We got the handshake under our tongue





I just shook the handshake

I just sealed the deal

I'll try not to let them

Take everything they can steal

People always told me

Don't forget your roots

I know

I can feel them underneath my leather boots


You toss all the mornings lost to the clouds and you watch it go

Your fairweather friends on a parachute binge get lost when the wind blows

The handshake's stuck on the tip of my tongue

It tastes like death but it looks like fun


I was a loner

I was just waiting by myself

When you, warped temptress

Rose to bring me happiness and wealth

Black tears, black smile, black credit cards and shoes

You can call all the people you want

But it's you who's being used


Under your black eyes, honey

Right beneath your nose

A curse on all creation

Every single thing you know

White smoke, white light, white marble on the floor

It would only take a few seconds of darkness to figure out what's in store


Little girl

You convince yourself that you want it, but you don't know

You keep trying to wash the blood from your hands, but it won't go

We're gonna keep you on the run
MGMT

Sem comentários: